The Beautification Ministry is responsible for edifying the church interior through the art of decoration. Accomplishments thus far are:
- Provided window treatments for the fellowship hall
- Coordinated the installation of stage drapery in the fellowship hall
- Served on renovation committee
- Provided window treatments for the Northax entrance and the second level
- Purchased artificial plants throughout the first level of the church
- Decorated the community table with purple draping
- Converted existing office space into Covenant’s new library/resource center
- Handle special requests for wedding decorating
The Beautification Ministry was originally organized by Mrs. Doris Wiley, wife of Pastor Emeritus H. Wesley Wiley and mother of Pastor Dennis Wiley. Mrs. Wiley’s vision was to enhance the church setting through decorations.
The purpose of the church archive ministry is to preserve legal and other important documents that record the history of the church. These documents include: church constitution/bylaws, membership lists, baptisms, programs from special events, audio/video tapes, photographs, etc. These materials provide useful information to church members on past activities and events which can assist in evaluating future programs and methods.
The major function of the church archive is to collect, preserve, catalogue and make available for use these records and materials that document our congregation’s heritage. These records also assist in our public relations efforts. Without the careful preservation of this important material, we can only speculate about the events that shape our church’s history.
The Communications Ministry is responsible for providing information about the various ministries and activities of Covenant Baptist Church to our internal and external community. We are responsible for ensuring the creation, production and distribution of church material is presented accurately and professionally.
Our major activities include:
- Producing newsletters, programs, brochures, flyers, posters, etc.
- Maintaining the church’s website
- Working with persons needing creative design and assistance
- Ensuring proper grammar and format of all church communications
This ministry maintains the church’s membership and giving database. The Envelope Clerk is responsible for entering offering information on a periodic basis into the contributions database to maintain a record of each individual’s giving for church accounting and tax purposes. Giving statements are made available to members quarterly and mailed to members at the end of year for tax purposes.
The Finance Ministry responsibilities include:
- Preparation of an annual budget
- Financial record of keeping that is both orderly and in a timely manner
- Ensure that the church’s financial obligations are met
Members must be regular in attendance, and faithful and prompt in the discharge of their duties.
Our church and members have many Information Technology (IT) needs and as a ministry we are honored to serve God’s people. Our present objective is to upgrade and maintain the church computers and Local Area Network. We hope to grow and expand our services to seniors, members of the church and community. Our major activities are:
- Upgrade the computer lab
- Upgrade/maintain church computers
- Provide computer classes to members and the community
The primary function of the personnel committee is to assist the church in matters related to employed personnel administration. The committee is responsible for support staff (non-clergy) in employment procedures, personnel policies, the development of job descriptions, and staff development.
The personnel committee is accountable to the Pastors and will assist in interviewing prospective employees and recommending qualified people for various positions throughout the church. The personnel committee has the following duties:
- Survey the need for church staff positions
- Prepare and update as necessary job descriptions for ALL employed personnel (paid and non-paid)
- Prepare and maintain an organizational manual relating the church’s employed personnel
- Recruit, interview, and recommend to the church new personnel
- Develop and recommend policies and procedures to the church for employed personnel administration
The Security Ministry is responsible for providing protection to both the congregation and the property of the church. Major activities include:
- Providing regular surveillance and monitoring of the grounds
- Providing regular surveillance inside the church during service
- Assisting the health ministry which might require our assistance
- Providing security during weekly meetings
- Escorting members, as necessary, to and from church events
The Wedding Ministry is designed to help facilitate every detail of the sacred and blessed special day of couples– the wedding day. Members of this ministry offer suggestions to help your wedding day memorable.
The Ministry serves as consultants for all of the logistical planning for a church ceremony and includes directing the ceremony. We ensure that couples are informed of all pre-marital requirements, licenses and associated church fees.
Our assistance in your planning helps to assure that your wedding day plans are carried out in a loving and Christian manner so that you can enjoy the wedding of your dreams.